Friday, February 09, 2007

Mr. Shakespeare, Come to India !!

So u want to know what there in the name??
Come to India. Here when I’m born I’m given a name like everyone else in this world.
But then I grow up, my parents take me to school, oh wait I get my name registered first.
Then begins the journey of the Me, My Name!!
I Write tests I write my name, I like a gal I dig half through the trunk to embed her name and of course with hers I carve my name,
My journey continues I go to college trips and I write my name..where?? Everywhere..In temples, in Ruins ,on hills , old monuments, in parks.. on my bike.. in my roon..on my guitar..in my mobile..on my CD cover..this is the great Indian obsession.
I’m sure most of the people around the world the globe like to personalize things but doesn’t personalization mean naming something you own..
In India.. we scribble everywhere.. in places where we go on a visit never to go again.
In places we don’t own. Things that don’t belong to us.
Or might be it’s just that we believe our name is solely owned by us and somehow
A Chinese might actually be able to relate to us when he reads our name..
Say it’s add beauty to the buildings?? Believe me the people who had made these places are far more talented and can well do without our names on their creations!!

Mr. Shakespeare,..Are u listening??

No comments: