Thursday, February 22, 2007

Pass me the Newspaper: Nah! Not Times of India please!!


I have been reading this daily publication called Times of India for over 5 years now thinking that it was a newspaper.I guess when I started reading it, it was actually a newspaper. There were these articles which had the essence of good journalism.
There were 26 pages of news, each clearly drafted with some advertising in the corners. I remember there used be times when friends used to call me up to show me some advertisement which has been published in that day’s newspaper and it used to be very difficult finding them, This problem still persists even today, coz there are so many or rather only advertisements in this newspaper which makes it difficult to find a particular one. Today this publication is nothing more than an ad paper with some news as fillers.
The irony lies in the fact that despite hearing almost every bangalorean complaining about this Ad-paper, this publication boasts of the highest readership.
I predict things will be very different after 5 years when this city will start responding to this daily dosage of unwanted articles and either force TOI to mend their ways
Or switching over to some other newspaper.

No comments: